Join one of Winchester’s professional guides for a 90 minute walking tour, starting at Winchester Visitor Information Centre. Winchester Chesil station was opened in 1885 and closed in the 1960s because of lack of demand.
The tour explores the old station site, the route of the line, some of its remaining buildings and ends by going inside the disused Chesil Railway tunnel, one of the city’s hidden treasures.
There are steep slopes and steps around St. Giles’ Hill which makes this tour unsuitable for wheelchairs. Please wear suitable footwear.