Come and see the iconic Round Table of Arthurian legend that has dominated Winchester’s ancient Great Hall for centuries. This is one of the finest surviving examples of a 13th century aisled hall and is an enhancement of the original Winchester Castle built by William the Conqueror. Discover the history and uncover the battles, secrets and trials for terrorism and treason held here.
THINGS TO DO
- Glimpse the secret passages
- Hail the heroes in the Long Gallery
- Try on our amazing costumes take a ‘selfie’ with your head on the executioners block
- Relax in Queen Eleanor’s Garden abundant with 13th century plants and scents
- Admire the iconic Round Table, soaring marble columns and superb stained glass
- Treat yourself to something from our gift shop which offers an unusual selection of local and historic souvenirs.
- Release your inner child with one of our trails or quests and relive those ancient legends.
The Great Hall is situated at the top of the High Street, to the left of the Westgate