1. Tickets you purchase are for personal use. Except as we may agree, you and your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets in breach of the applicable terms. A breach of this condition will entitle The Guildhall or the Promoter to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability.
2. In addition to the ticket price your order may require payment of a booking fee per ticket, a transaction fee per order and/or other supplementary fees which may apply to the event. Those fees are not refundable except as set out in these conditions.
3. If you order or buy more tickets than the maximum permitted per person, per card or per household, we may cancel all of the order or tickets, in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid.
4. To prevent fraud, we may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase.
5. You must inform the box office of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, after purchasing. Our preferred method to contact you is email, so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
6. We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
7. Whilst we often allocate specific seats to you for certain events, we have the right to change these seats to others of equal value.
8. On occasions the show or event may be filmed or recorded. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection, should this happen when you attend a show or event, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
9. We can despatch tickets to you via post if required. The despatch method is agreed at the time of booking but we may, where reasonable, make tickets available for collection at the box office instead of posting them to you if;
– posting is impractical due to timing or circumstances beyond our control, or;
– necessary for reasons of identification; or
– your tickets are lost in the post
– we are otherwise unable to post tickets to you for any reason.
You will be notified by phone, email or in writing (using the contact details provided by you) if this becomes necessary. Please note the conditions for box office collection in these conditions.
10. We cannot usually specify the dates on which you will receive tickets. If you do not inform us of the non-receipt of tickets within a reasonable time (in any event at least 72 hours before the event) we will have no liability to you.
11. If tickets sent by post are returned to us marked “addressee gone away”, “addressee unknown” or similar words indicating that you do not reside at the address, your order may be cancelled and the ticket price and any supplementary charges (but not the booking fee or transaction fee) refunded, or your order may be made available for collection at the box office.
12. To collect tickets at the box office the cardholder must present the card used to book the tickets as identification. Other identification or letters authorising collection may not be accepted and the tickets may be withheld at the box office.
13. Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected and any corrections are discretionary.
Cancellation Rights and Refunds
14. Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions. This is subject to any rights you may have pursuant to Ticket Plan Protection purchased when you bought the tickets.
15. If the event takes place but you do not receive the tickets you have purchased for any of following reasons you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid:
– the tickets have been sent to an address different to the one you specified and you tell us within a reasonable period, as set out above, but replacement tickets are not provided; or
– your tickets are not despatched and no arrangements are made for the tickets to be available for collection at the box office
16. No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace tickets that have been lost or stolen after they have been delivered to you, and nor will such tickets be refunded.
Cancellation, change or postponement of an event
17. Decisions to change or cancel events are the responsibility of the Promoter. The Box Office will do all they can to inform you of any change or cancellation of any event, but will not be held responsible for the cancellation resulting in costs you may incur for travel, accommodation, any other related goods or service or other compensation.
18. You should always check that an event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue.
19. If a Promoter cancels an event or makes significant changes to the venue, date, show time or (concerts only) headline act then the Box Office will make customers aware via email and on our Website/ Social Media sites.
20. If an event is rescheduled, changed or moved, the promoter will usually give you the option of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location, or alternatively claiming a refund within a time frame. If an event is cancelled then you will normally be offered a refund. Please note that the Booking Fee and any Transaction Fees are not always refundable in these circumstances.
21. If for any reason you are entitled to a refund, in most cases you must return any tickets you have:
– follow the refund instructions otherwise you may not receive a refund. If these require you to return the tickets, do so promptly and within the timeframe communicated to you.
– tickets should be returned (with copy of the email or letter entitling you to a refund, or a covering note containing your order reference number and contact information) to the specified address by registered post (or an equivalent secure postal method). Please note that the return postage cost is non-refundable.
22. Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the original date of the event or the date that we receive your returned tickets, whichever is later.
23. For more information about refunds, please contact the box office on email@example.com
24. No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with the all terms and conditions applicable to those tickets, the venue or the event (see below).
Attending an event at the Guildhall
25. Admission to an event is at all times subject to any terms, conditions or rules of the Guildhall and Winchester City Council . If you breach those terms, conditions or rules then the Guildhall may refuse admission or require you or other ticket holders to leave the venue.
26. Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending the event). The Guildhall will have rights to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances and these are likely to include if you are involved with abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour, or carry offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings. There may also be rules restricting or preventing the admission of latecomers – so please check with the Venue before attending.
27. When purchasing the tickets, the Box Office will highlight any terms, conditions or rules relating to the event of which it is aware and which it considers particularly significant, onerous or unusual. This will generally include age restrictions, ticket types etc. Information on where you can find full details of relevant terms, conditions or rules will be available from guildhallwinchester.co.uk or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
28. Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements please raise these when booking and we will endeavour to address your query. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if notified at the event.
29. When you receive your tickets check the details carefully. When attending the event, carry proof of age if appropriate.
30. Specific seats may be allocated to you at the time of booking, but the Guildhall reserves the right to change these seats to others of equal value.
31. We will not share your personal information with third parties, Promoters, venue operators, and others. We may use your details for Guildhall marketing purposes. If you do not wish for your details to be used, then you will have the opportunity to opt out when purchasing.
32. We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves. We will always comply with United Kingdom data protection legislation
33. Purchasing tickets for an event in the Guildhall has no reflection on any other matter pertaining to Winchester City Council.