It’s 200 years since Keats walked through Winchester’s water meadows and was inspired to write his ode To Autumn. There is no denying that Winchester is beautiful at this time of year and we want to see it through your eyes. So send us your photos via Instagram to enter our Love Winchester Autumn photography competition!
Maybe it’s a photo of our beautiful city in a glow of colour, or your family and friends enjoying one of the district’s many attractions or events this Autumn.
To enter is simple:
1. Follow me @kingalfwinchester.
2. Post your picture on your feed (please note your Instagram account needs to be public).
3. Tag @kingalfwinchester in the picture, so I can find it.
4. Use the magic hashtag: #LoveWinchesterAutumn.
King Alf and his aides will pick their favourites and then repost them on 13 November. So send yours in before 12th November. The reposted picture with the most likes will be able to choose a prize from ONE of the following:
1. The promoter is: Winchester Tourist Information Centre whose registered office is at Guildhall, High Street, Winchester, SO23 9GH.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be found on the competition page.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be 12 November 2019 After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
10. Three photos will be chosen by the Visit Winchester team and these finalists will be put to a public vote on 13th November. The reposted entry with the most likes by 19th November will be the winner.
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition
13. The winner will select one of the following prizes:
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. The final winner will be by the public vote verified by Promoter and or its agents.
14. The winner will be notified on 20 November. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 5 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. We may contact the winner directly for a comment or further information to be shared on our website and via social media channels.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.