Standing next to Winchester Cathedral, the extensive surviving ruins of the palace date largely from the 12th-century work of Bishop Henry of Blois.
Peaceful ruins, in a beautiful setting, of the extensive palace of the powerful medieval Winchester bishops. Was frequently visited by medieval and Tudor monarchs. The last great occasion here was on 25 July 1554, when Queen Mary and Philip of Spain held their wedding breakfast in the East Hall. Ideal spot for picnics.