Winchester Tourist Information Centre - Online Booking terms and conditions
Online Accommodation Booking Terms
"We, us, our" and related expressions refer to us, the Winchester Tourism service of Winchester City Council (‘the Council’)
Colebrook Street Winchester SO23 9LJ
E-mail address: email@example.com
"You/Your" and related expressions refer to the lead member and all other members of the party named in the booking and those on whose behalf the booking is made.
"Your Booking" means all accommodation arrangements sourced and organised for you by the Council.
"Our Website" is www.visitwinchester.co.uk.
"Accommodation Provider" means any third party with whom the Council has arranged your accommodation bookings.
"Inspection Body" means the organisation responsible for inspecting the relevant premises, and awarding a relevant grading.
- Our Contract with You
- Where we sell products for an Accommodation Provider then that Accommodation Provider's terms and conditions will apply to Your Booking and a separate contract will thus be formed between you and them. Full details of the Accommodation Provider's terms and conditions are available from the Accommodation Provider upon request.
- In the event that there is a conflict between any information on the Council’s website and the Accommodation Provider's terms and conditions, the Accommodation Provider's terms and conditions will prevail.
- You must be over 18 years of age to make a booking, and by making a booking you are representing that you are of sufficient legal age and capacity to use the Council’s website and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of such use.
- Booking Details
- Please check that all the details on the on-line booking confirmation form meet with your requirements. Acceptance of this confirmation implies your approval of the choice of Accommodation Provider, its facilities and services and its booking terms and conditions, and constitutes a contract thereon.
- The accommodation is booked for you by www.visitwinchester.co.uk as an agent on behalf of the Accommodation Provider and therefore, any contract for the booking is directly between you and the Accommodation Provider. Prior to departure to your accommodation, you are advised to check with the Accommodation Provider that the accommodation is as booked, including type of board and price.
- Prices are for accommodation only or accommodation plus board as stated on the booking confirmation and do not generally include any additional expenses incurred such as additional meals, drinks, use of the telephone etc, except where specified on the booking confirmation form.
- If you fail to take up the accommodation by the time stated, without prior arrangement with the accommodation provider, then Your Booking will be automatically cancelled and the booking fee (administration charge) will be forfeited. The Accommodation Provider may also charge you a cancellation fee. This may also be the case if you cancel Your Booking (see also Section 4 Cancelling a Booking) prior to your stay. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand the booking terms and conditions of the Accommodation Provider with whom you have booked.
- Whilst the Council makes every effort to find suitable accommodation, it cannot be held responsible for, nor accept any liability for, complaints or claims of any nature arising from Your Booking. The Council does not accept liability for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you or other members of your party during, or as a result of, Your Booking.
- If any of the information contained in the confirmation form is incorrect or subsequently becomes incorrect it is imperative that you let the Council know as soon as possible by telephoning us on 01962 840 500 during office hours, or e-mailing Winchester Tourism
- To the best of the Council’s knowledge and belief all prices quoted are inclusive of VAT and Service.
- Payment Details
- The Council (via www.visitwinchester.co.uk) will take a booking fee (administration charge) of 10% of the total booking value, which will be deducted from your account by the Accommodation Provider on production of your confirmation form. This booking fee is non-refundable.
- Certain Accommodation Providers require the balance of payment to be made on or before arrival at the property. In this instance the Accommodation Provider will contact you directly to advise you of this.
- If on your arrival the Accommodation Provider is displaying terms that are higher than those agreed, the Accommodation Provider will honour the terms and prices of Your Booking.
- Allowances cannot be made for meals not taken, nor for temporary absence, late arrival or premature departure. Therefore no reduction in the price of Your Booking will be made in these circumstances.
- The Council can only accept payment of the booking fee by credit or debit card. Your payment will be facilitated through a third party merchant and by booking with us you consent to your details being passed to the third party merchant.
- When making a booking with the Council either via our website and/or Accommodation Booking Line and Tourist Information Centre, your credit/debit card details will not be passed on to the Accommodation Provider.
- Cancelling a Booking
- If you wish to cancel Your Booking you must contact your Accommodation Provider as soon as possible and request their cancellation terms and conditions.
- In the case of cancellation the booking fee (which is equal to 10% of the accommodation price and the administration charge) is non-refundable. Your Accommodation Provider reserves the right to claim cancellation charges up to 100% of the total value of Your Booking, according to their own terms and conditions.
- General Information
- The Council provides the www.visitwinchester.co.uk website as a facility to customers wishing to stay in Winchester and its environs. All the information displayed on the website is supplied directly by the Accommodation Providers. Whilst every care has been taken to accurately display the information that has been passed to the Council, the Council cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the details provided.
- Descriptions of the establishments on the website are believed to be correct at the time of publication. The Council will not be liable for any changes that may occur in establishment ownership, facilities available etc. If Your Booking depends on the provision of certain facilities, this must be made clear to the Accommodation Provider at the time of booking.
- These conditions apply to all bookings whether made in writing, verbally or online.
- If you have any problems with Your Booking, in the first instance please contact the relevant Accommodation Provider immediately so that they can endeavour to put things right. If the Accommodation Provider cannot resolve the problem please contact the Council by telephone on 01962 840 500 as soon as possible during office hours so that we may have the opportunity to help. In the unlikely event that a complaint cannot be resolved at the time, you should write to the Council within 28 days of the date of your booking providing your original reference number and all other relevant information. Complaints in writing may be forwarded to the relevant Accommodation Provider and inspection bodies.
- Any data gathered during the course of Your Booking may be held on computer files.
- The Council does not store your credit card details.
- In order to facilitate formation and performance of contracts, www.visitwinchester.co.uk (the Council) will pass your details directly to the Accommodation Provider.
- English Law
This contract will be governed by English Law.