Dee Caffari Opens Spa at Norton Park Following £100,000 Refurbishment
For immediate use
• New Spa Manager appointed
• New spa lunch menu and treatments from E’SPA introduced
• Charity raffle raises money for Asthma UK
Norton Park Hotel near Winchester, part of the award-winning QHotels group, has celebrated the official opening of its luxurious onsite spa following the completion of a £100,000 refurbishment and enhancement programme. Inspirational yachtswoman Dee Caffari, MBE was on hand to perform the honours at the event which was attended by the Deputy Mayor and Mayoress of Winchester Councillor Frank Pearson and Mrs Anne Pearson and around 40 guests.
Following the official opening of the Spa, Ms Caffari enjoyed her first ever manicure telling guests that she had achieved her New Year’s resolutions of securing a world record in the Barcelona World Race and giving up biting her nails and was now a convert to the joys of a luxurious manicure! A charity raffle in aid of Asthma UK, one of the charities supported by Norton Park, raised nearly £100 with the top prize of a Spa Day for two at Norton Park won by Wendy Gardiner.
Set in 54 acres of landscaped gardens, the 175-bedroom hotel has seen demand for its spa facilities grow 100% year-on-year since 2008 with the highest demand coming from guests enjoying spa breaks as well as from the increasing number of business travellers who enjoy indulging in a treatment at the end of their day or meeting. Work on the refurbishment began in February and took 10 weeks to complete. The £100,000 investment includes a new relaxation and welcome area where guests can rest and unwind between treatments, a brand new nail bar offering luxurious manicures and five additional treatment rooms, on top of the original five, each fully equipped with their own shower, treatment bed, low level lighting and individual music playlists. These new facilities complement the existing indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room, heated loungers, ice fountain, experience shower and state-of-the-art Technogym, ensuring that the Spa at Norton Park provides residential and day spa guests with all the relaxing facilities they need for a truly rejuvenating spa experience.
A new treatment menu from the world renowned E'SPA range has been launched as part of the enhancement offering a new range of pampering spa treatments and packages including facials, massages, wraps and exfoliation as well as tanning, waxing and make-up lessons, all deigned to relax and revitalise. ‘Mums-to-be’ can indulge in the nurturing 'New Beginnings' treatment and the men haven't been forgotten. A specially tailored range of treatments using the E'SPA men's formulated skin care range and unisex body products are available to address specific areas of focus and tension.
"To date, we have been operating as a leisure centre with spa rooms. Following this £100,000 refurbishment and enhancement programme we can confidently say that Norton Park is now a spa hotel with excellent leisure facilities.” commented Regional General Manager of Norton Park Michael Knox-Johnston "Of course, our investment isn’t just about our superb amenities. We have also appointed a new Spa Manager, launched a new spa dining menu, introduced a new treatment menu from E'SPA and recruited and trained new staff and therapists to ensure that we offer a quality spa experience that exceeds the expectations of all our guests. Our new look spa will be offering day and half day spa packages, individual treatments and indulgent spa breaks that also include dining in the stylish Scene Restaurant. We are confident that all of our guests whether they are local to the area, here on business or enjoying a well deserved few days away will find the new Spa the perfect place to unwind and relax."
Making the most of the sun in the Spa Garden after a tour round the new facilities, guests enjoyed a selection of dishes from the newly launched Norton Park Spa Dining Menu, which is based around the concept of the ‘Bento’ box and offers spa guests the opportunity to easily enjoy a selection of delicious yet healthy dishes all presented in a beautifully designed ‘Bento’ box.
Managing the newly enhanced Spa at Norton Park is the recently appointed Spa Manager Rachael Brooks. Having qualified in all aspects of Beauty Therapy at the Cotswold Beauty Academy, trained with many of the leading product houses and worked in some of the top beauty salons, most recently at The Four Seasons Hampshire, Rachael brings a wealth of professionalism, experience and energy to the team.
The re-launch of the Spa follows a £14million investment in the hotel in 2007 which saw the creation of an additional 90 bedrooms, the opening of the ‘Norton Suite’ for conferences, banqueting and events with a capacity for up to 340 guests, a new reception building and the extension of the Scene restaurant along with two new terraces.
For more information about day spas and spa break packages at Norton Park please call 01962 763000 or go to www.QHotels.co.uk/nortonpark
The QHotels 21: The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - Near Glasgow… Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel - York… The Queens - Leeds… Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - North Lincolnshire… Tankersley Manor – Tankersley, Nr Sheffield… The Midland - Manchester… The Park Royal – Stretton, Warrington… Crewe Hall – Crewe, Cheshire… The Nottingham Belfry - Nottingham… Telford Hotel & Golf Resort – Telford, Shropshire… Stratford Manor - Stratford-upon-Avon… The Stratford - Stratford-upon-Avon… Chesford Grange – Kenilworth, Warwickshire… Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel – Hellidon, Northamptonshire… The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - Gloucestershire… The Cambridge Belfry – Cambourne, Cambridge… The Oxford Belfry –Thame, Oxford… The Hampshire Court Hotel - Basingstoke, Hampshire… Norton Park - Winchester, Hampshire… Bridgewood Manor – Chatham, Kent… Ashford International Hotel – Ashford, Kent
Sinden LTD Consulting
T: 01672 861397
A little bit about us:
- QHotels prides itself in its collection of 21 carefully nurtured, unique properties throughout the UK. Some hide away in the most beautiful countryside, some preside over bustling city centres, but each with its own little idiosyncrasies, ensures guest enjoy a truly unique experience - whether staying for pleasure or business.
- Founded in 2003 by Managing Director - Michael Purtill, Sales Director - David Taylor, Finance Director – Ian Goulding and investment company Alchemy Partners;
- The collection has grown from 2 to 21 properties over the last six years.
- The collection, which boasts iconic properties including The Midland in Manchester, The Queens in Leeds and Crewe Hall in Cheshire, has been voted AA Hotel Group of the Year 2008/09 and is ranked 17th in The Times Buyout FastTrack register of the 100 fastest growing private equity backed businesses… one of the few companies to feature in the top 100 in two consecutive years. In addition to this… January 2009 alone saw QHotels shortlisted for the Business Hotel Brand of the Year Award at the Business Travel Awards and Winchester property Norton Park scoop two HRS Hotel Excellence Awards (Excellence in Meetings and Excellence in Business Management). Since then QHotels trophy cabinet is buckling under the weight of new awards, including ‘Most Improved Brand’ for the second year in a row in the 2009 BDRC UK Meetings Market Survey and the ‘Excellence in Training Award’ in Caterer & Hotelkeeper’s Best Places to Work in Hospitality 2009
- Take a look at our website www.QHotels.co.uk